Ladies, This is my story, what's yours?
Let us peel away the many layers of thoughts that we have right now
about whether or not our kids are behaving or what our husbands may be doing
right now and if he’s doing it to my liking!
When our minds are clear, God will not only speak to us
But we will here Him more clearly. How many women are like me in the fact that I
like the way I parent better, or I am a better spiritual leader of the
family. If I could only get my husband
to see it my way and do things the way I think it should be, our world would be
such a better place. If he would just help more around the house or with the
kids.(without me having to ask) I am doing almost all of it and I’m exhausted.
It is not fair. Life isn’t fair!
Ladies, what does GOD say about all this? I’ll tell you what God says:
I
have created you to be your husband’s help meet. You ask what is a help meet? Being a help meet is being who God has asked
you to be,(helping your husband meet his needs). I use to ask myself, what
about me? Me and my needs? If I could just get him to be who I think he
should be as a husband and father, THEN I WILL be joyful and thankful and he
would be DESERVING of my love and respect.
But only until he’s deserving.
Listen, thank God JESUS didn’t wait until we were deserving to come save
US.
What changed my life was when I began to focus on what God says in His
gospel about our role as wives:
There are so many things I want to read to
you tonight but you will just simply have to order this book on amazon for
$9.00 and read and ask God to REVEAL to you what He has planned for you as
a help meet to your husband.
My
mind set was this: if I do become his helper, then he will start treating me
better.
He will help more around the house.
He may even start going to church with us.
I finally realized this:
It’s not about receiving, it’s about
giving, submission, honoring and respecting.
And not when he’s deserving, it’s because listen:
When we honor and respect our husband, we
are honoring and respecting God. When we
are in submission and honoring our husbands, we are in submission and honoring
God.
I had grown so bitter and full of
resentment toward my husband for so many reasons I thought were justifiable
that my soul was bitter and unhappy with my marriage. “you can practice joy and
thanksgiving. Every day, every right response makes the fingers of your soul
find the notes of joy and thanksgiving easier and easier.
*THANKFULNESS IS HOW YOU THINK; JOY IS THE ABUNDANCE IT PRODUCES.
*DISCONTENTMENT IS NOT A PRODUCT OF CIRCUMSTANCES; IT IS THE STATE OF
THE SOUL.
*NEVER DEMAND THAT A MAN LOVE AND CHERISH YOU BECAUSE HE OUGHT TO. EARN
EVERY LAST SMILE AND SHARED MOMENT.
“No
man has ever crawled out from under his wife’s criticism to be a better man-no
matter how justified her condemnation.”
We SHALL NOT be our husband’s conscience!
Nor shall we play the HOLY SPIRIT!
GOD STANDS WITH YOU WHEN YOU STAND BY YOUR
MAN.
“The
degree to which you reverence your husband is the degree to which you reverence
your creator. As we serve our husbands,
we serve God. But in the same way, when
you dishonor your husband, you dishonor God.
You would think because my heart had grown
so bitter that it would be hard to begin to love, respect and honor him. But when I read that statement I wept! I had
been so dishonoring and so disrespecting to God. So as I prayed and asked for forgiveness for
what I had not been to my husband, God gave me grace and made it easier to love
and respect and submit to him because I now knew I was loving, respecting and
submitting to God.
Not easy! God didn't say it would be!
ReplyDeleteHe didn't, you're right. It's so cool that when you are walking with HIM you have a whole new perspective!
ReplyDeleteHe didn't, you're right. It's so cool that when you are walking with HIM you have a whole new perspective!
ReplyDelete